Taking over a team with the tradition of the Green Bay Packers has got to be a daunting task. This is especially true if you are following in the footsteps of one of the all-time greats like future hall of famer, Brett Favre. Aaron Rodgers has not performed too badly, though it is still rather early, in his transition into the starting quarterback role for the Packers. Here is a look at five things you may not know about Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.
1. His first NFL regular season touchdown pass was completed in his third season while he was still serving as the backup to Brett Favre. It came on November 29, 2007 in the second quarter of the Packers game against the Dallas Cowboys and it was an 11-yard pass to Greg Jennings.
2. His firs NFL regular season interception came during his rookie season in what would become a 48-3 Monday Night Football loss to the Baltimore Ravens.
3. During his last year of college (2004) at the University of California, Aaron Rodgers while playing quarterback caught a ten yard pass.
4. He was not widely recruited out of high school, in fact he received only one ufabet เว็บหลักinvitation and it was as a walk-on from the University of Illinois. He started college at Butte Community College before transferring to Cal for his sophomore season, Rodgers’ first game as starting quarterback was against the same University of Illinois team that had been the only school to offer him a spot on their roster.
5. During his second season in the NFL and still serving as the backup to Brett Favre, he broke his left foot while filling in for an injured Favre in a 35-0 loss to the New England Patriots.
Aaron Rodgers has shown some flashes of talent and a good amount of leadership during his short time as the starting quarterback of the Packers. At the rate he is going, it should not be long before he is regularly thought of as one of the better quarterbacks in the league. The better he performs, and the better he will be thought of by opposing players and fans alike. This is the best way for him to escape the long shadow cast by former Packers quarterback Brett Favre.
IQFB.com is a great site which contains a ton of football facts and information about players, teams,